Dell 1700 Drum Units & Toner Cartridges
Compatible & Genuine Toner Cartridges and Printer Parts Available
10 years of experience supplying high quality toner cartridges.
One Year Warranty
All purchases are covered by a 1 year warranty against defects.
Free No Hassle Returns
Easy process and free shipping on returns.
96% of our orders are shipped the very same day.
PARTS FOR Dell 1700 Drum Units &
About the Dell 1700 / 1700n Laser Printer
The Dell 1700n monochrome laser printer is ideal for small to medium size business looking for a cost efficient option. This machine has a very good printer speed of 25 pages per minute. It supports different media sizes such as letter, legal, executive, folio, B5, A4, A5, Statement and Universal. You can also connect it to your network and share the printer with different computers in your office. The Dell 1700n is basically for those businesses that need to print invoices, brochures or basic documents in black & white. A positive characteristic of this machine is that it’s an Energy Star certified appliance which means this is an energy efficient consumer product.
Questions about Dell 1700 toner cartridges
Question: What should I do if all the lights in my Dell 1700 printer are flashing?
Answer: You will have to turn the power off and then unplug the power cord from the back of the printer. Leave it unplugged for 45 seconds or so and then plug it back in, then turn the power on and you should be back to normal.
Question: My Dell 1700 is leaving “tire marks” up and down the right and left side of the page margin and leaving blotches of toner along the right side of the paper. Please help me to fix it!
Answer: Your printer needs to be cleaned. You should consult your printer manual on how to clean it. If you do not have the manual, you can usually download it from the printer manufacturer's website.
Question: My printer makes a loud click noise when it is printing. Can I correct that?
Answer: Probably the feed roller gear is stripping; you should remove the cover and, adjust the gear retainer before it completely fails. (It might be easy to see the gear once the printer cover is removed).
Question: We have a Dell 1700n printer in our office, we have replaced the photoconductor unit but the printer doesn't recognize it as new. Is there something I'm missing?
Answer: When you replace the photoconductor, there is no way the printer recognizes it by itself as a new one. You have to it manually. Follow the instructions for Resetting Drum Page Counter. First leave the power on, insert toner cartridge and leave door open, then press the cancel button and hold until the leds flash and finally release cancel button and close toner cartridge door.
Replacing the Dell 1700 Drum Unit
Replacing the Dell 1700 drum unit is a very important part of printing successfully. A bad installation can cause problems that go from bad printing quality to damaging the toner cartridges or other printer parts.
Here are some easy steps that you can use to remove used drum unit and install new one without damaging your printer or you Dell 1700 drum unit.
Before replacing Dell 1700 drum unit keep in mind the following safety recommendations:
- - Do not burn or throw used toner cartridges into open flames, as this may cause a fire
- - If toner gets onto your hands or clothing, wash it off immediately with cold water. Do not use warm water as this may set the toner permanently, and you may not be able to remove the toner stains
- - Be careful and do not inhale the toner
- - To protect the drum units against bright light, close the front cover within 5 minutes. If the front cover remains open from more than 5 minutes, print quality may deteriorate
Removing the used Dell 1700 drum unit
1. Open the front cover by pressing the button on the left side of the printer and lowering the cover.
2. Pull the Dell 1700 toner cartridge assembly out of the printer by pulling on the toner cartridge handle.
Place the toner cartridge assembly on a flat, clean surface.
3. Remove the Dell 1700 toner cartridge:Press the button on the base of the toner cartridge assembly.Pull the toner cartridge up and out using the handle.
4. Unpack the new Dell 1700 drum unit or imaging drum.
Installing the new Dell 1700 imaging drum
5. Install the Dell 1700 toner cartridge into the new toner cartridge assembly by aligning the white rollers on the toner cartridge with the white arrows on the tracks of the imaging drum and pushing the toner cartridge in as far as it will go. The cartridge clicks into place when correctly installed.
6. Install the Dell 1700 toner cartridge assembly into the printer by aligning the green arrows on the guides of the toner cartridge assembly with the green arrows on the tracks in the printer and pushing the toner cartridge assembly in as far as it will go.
7. After you replace the Dell 1700 drum unit or imaging drum, you should reset the imaging drum's counter. To reset the counter, press and hold the Cancel button until all lights flash in sequence.
8. Close the front coverRelated offers: Dell 1720 Drum Unit | Dell 1100 Toner | Dell 1600 Toner