Dell 1720 Drum Units & Toner Cartridges
Compatible & Genuine Toner Cartridges and Printer Parts Available
10 years of experience supplying high quality toner cartridges.
One Year Warranty
All purchases are covered by a 1 year warranty against defects.
Free No Hassle Returns
Easy process and free shipping on returns.
96% of our orders are shipped the very same day.
PARTS FOR Dell 1720 Drum Units &
Questions about Dell 1720 Drum and Toner
Q: What should I do if all the lights in my Dell 1720 printer are flashing?
A: You would have to turn the power off and then unplug the power cord from the back of the printer. Leave it unplugged for 45 seconds or so and then plug it back in, then turn the power on and you should be back to normal.
Q: How can I change the Dell 1720 drum?
A: To replace the dell 1720 imaging drum open the front cover of the printer, pull out the toner cartridge and then remove the drum unit. After that place the new drum into the printer, insert the toner cartridge and finally close the front cover. In order to reset the drum counter you should hold down the cancel button until all of the lights flash in order. And you’re done!
Q: I’m getting a black ink stain on the left of each printed page. I have replaced the Dell 1720 Toner Cartridge but the stain is still appearing. How can I fix this?
A: The problem might not be in the toner cartridges, you are getting a stain probably due to a dirty imaging drum. Take the toner cartridge and drum unit out of the printer, separate them and slowly rotate the roller by hand using the gear on the side of the cartridge, DO NOT touch the drum roller, this would cause a bigger problem. If you see splotches of the roller you can clean them with a dry paper towel. This should fix the problem, if not, you should replace the whole imaging drum unit.
Replacing the Dell 1720dn Drum Unit
Replacing the Dell 1720dn drum unit is a very important part of printing successfully. A bad installation can cause problems that go from bad printing quality to damaging the toner cartridges or other printer parts.
Here are some easy steps that you can use to remove used drum unit and install new one without damaging your printer or you Dell 1720dn drum unit.
Before replacing Dell 1720dn drum unit keep in mind the following safety recommendations:
- - Do not burn or throw used toner cartridges into open flames, as this may cause a fire
- - If toner gets onto your hands or clothing, wash it off immediately with cold water. Do not use warm water as this may set the toner permanently, and you may not be able to remove the toner stains
- - Be careful and do not inhale the toner
- - To protect the drum units against bright light, close the front cover within 5 minutes. If the front cover remains open from more than 5 minutes, print quality may deteriorate
Removing the used Dell 1720dn drum unit
1. Open the front cover by pressing the button on the left side of the printer and lowering the cover.
2. Pull the Dell 1720dn toner cartridge assembly out of the printer by pulling on the toner cartridge handle.
Place the toner cartridge assembly on a flat, clean surface.
3. Remove the Dell 1720dn toner cartridge:Press the button on the base of the toner cartridge assembly.Pull the toner cartridge up and out using the handle.
4. Unpack the new Dell 1720dn drum unit or imaging drum.
Installing the new Dell 1720dn imaging drum
5. Install the Dell 1720dn toner cartridge into the new toner cartridge assembly by aligning the white rollers on the toner cartridge with the white arrows on the tracks of the imaging drum and pushing the toner cartridge in as far as it will go. The cartridge clicks into place when correctly installed.
6. Install the Dell 1720dn toner cartridge assembly into the printer by aligning the green arrows on the guides of the toner cartridge assembly with the green arrows on the tracks in the printer and pushing the toner cartridge assembly in as far as it will go.
7. After you replace the Dell 1720dn drum unit or imaging drum, you should reset the imaging drum's counter. To reset the counter, press and hold the Cancel button until all lights flash in sequence.
8. Close the front coverRelated offers: Dell 1700 Drum Unit | Dell 1100 Toner | Dell 1600 Toner