Xerox Phaser 6140 Toner Cartridges
Compatible & Genuine Toner Cartridges and Printer Parts Available
10 years of experience supplying high quality toner cartridges.
One Year Warranty
All purchases are covered by a 1 year warranty against defects.
Free No Hassle Returns
Easy process and free shipping on returns.
96% of our orders are shipped the very same day.
Compatible Toner Cartridges
Create your own pack of Compatible Toner Cartridges and start saving with our Super Deal and Mega Deal promotions.
- Add 2 or more items to the shopping cart and get 5% Off.
- Add 6 or more items to the shopping cart and get 10% Off.
Questions about Xerox 6140 Toner Cartridges
Q: In our office we always turn on the printer in the morning when we arrive to the office. Of course the printer is not used all day long, but we do leave it on so when someone have to print, the printer doesn’t take too long to turn on and start printing. I’ve heard there is something called Save Mode where the power consumption is reduced. I’ve tried to set the save mode but I can’t find how to do it. Can you help me with some instructions?
A: You are totally right about reducing the power consumption using Save Mode. The time before the printer enter the Save Mode can be specified and ranges between 5 to 60 minutes. Once the printer enters this mode, the power consumption would be 8 W or less and it will wake up in 20 seconds or less. In order to set the Save Mode Time, you have to go to Admin Menu in the printer display, then go to system setup, then power saver timer and finally decrease or increase the amount of time and press ok.
Q: I have a Xerox 6140 printer, since a few days ago the printer is giving unusual noises when printing. Is there anything I can do to identify the problem. I’ve been thinking that it might be some gears inside the machine. Any thoughts?
A: There are three possible reasons for this to be happening, first of all check if your printer is level, if not, place the printer on a flat and stable surface. The second possibility is that the paper tray is not properly inserted and finally there might be some foreign object inside the printer, if you find something inside, before trying to get it out, turn off the printer.
Q: Everytime I print I get vertical black streaks. Is there something wrong with my Xerox 6140 toner cartridges?
A: As you say, it must be a problem with the black toner cartridge. If you have another black cartridge available, try to replace it and see if the problem go away. If replacing the cartridge doesn’t fix this issue, the problem is likely to be related with the transfer belt unit that is old or damaged.
Replacing the Xerox Phaser 6140 toner cartridges
Replacing the xerox phaser 6140 toner cartridges is a very important part of printing successfully. A bad installation can cause problems that go from bad printing quality to damaging the toner cartridges or other printer parts.
Here are some easy steps that you can use to remove the used toner cartridges and install the new ones without damaging your printer or you xerox phaser 6140 toner cartridges.
Before start replacing the toner cartridges keep in mind the following safety recommendations:
- - Do not burn or throw used toner cartridges into open flames, as this may cause a fire
- - If toner gets onto your hands or clothing, wash it off immediately with cold water. Do not use warm water as this may set the toner permanently, and you may not be able to remove the toner stains
Removing the used Xerox Phaser 6140 toner cartridge
1. Open the cover board on the rigth side of the Xerox 6140 printer
2. Press the slide of the xerox phaser 6140 toner cartridge, and push it back to the limit
3. Take out the used xerox phaser 6140 toner cartridge that you want to replace
CAUTION: Do not shake the cartridge because it may spill some toner
Installing the new Xerox Phaser 6140 toner cartridge
4. Take the new xerox phaser 6140 toner cartridge out of the box and shake it firmly.
5. Put the new cartridge into the printer
6. Pull the cartridge forward, press the lock to put it on place and close the cover board